THUNDER BAY – The City of Thunder Bay is offering a one-time credit for people impacted by flooding on their water bills. To be eligible your property must have experienced flood damage during the City Flood Disaster.
To confirm eligibility one of the following must accompany your application:
• Copy of correspondence from insurance company either approving or denying a claim
• Pictures of damage to property would be accepted from those without insurance
• Copy of receipts from contractors which reference flood damage repairs
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
• You must apply by the deadline of September 30, 2012.
• Applicants must be owners of single-detached residential property.
• Only one application per household will be accepted.
• You will continue to receive water bills and any applicable notices.
• If you qualify on a one-time and extraordinary basis, late penalties, if any, that occur as a result of being unable to pay your bill on time having a due date in July, August or September will be cancelled and you will receive a credit of $207.00 on your future water bill if you are connected to the City sanitary sewer system and $118.00 if you are not connected to the sanitary sewer system.
Download the Form: Water Bill Credit form