THUNDER BAY – The number of confirmed reports of COVID-19 in Ontario has broken past the 100 level today. Public Health Ontario has confirmed there are currently 115 new cases of COVID-19. For the past week, the daily numbers have been below 100. Currently, Ontario is reporting 994 active cases of COVID-19. This number includes 49 individuals who are in the hospital with the coronavirus. There are at present, twenty-five COVID patients who are in intensive care units and 14 patients on ventilators.
Ontario is also reporting 102 people have recovered, and thankfully there have been no additional deaths from the virus.
The age breakdown of new cases remains consistent with reports delivered by Public Health Ontario over the past several weeks. Of today’s 115 new cases, 48 are individuals between 20 and 39 years old, and 30 are individuals between 40 and 59 years old.
District Health units with the highest number of new cases in today’s report include Ottawa (20 new cases), Peel (19 new cases), Toronto (16 new cases), and Windsor-Essex (12 new cases).
Windsor-Essex County is still under Stage 2 restrictions, however, the provincial government has announced Windsor-Essex would enter Stage 3 this coming Wednesday.
Ontario has reported 40,161 cases of COVID-19. 36,381 of those cases (90.6 percent) are now listed as recovered. 2,786 cases (6.9 percent) have resulted in death.
Ontario is reporting that 22,275 more COVID tests have been completed.
Provincial Breakdown of COVID-19 Cases by District Health Unit
• Algoma Public Health – 27 cases, rate of 23.6 per 100,000 population. There are no known active cases.
• North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit – 37 cases, rate of 27 per 100,000 population. There are no known active cases.
• Porcupine Health Unit – 72, rate of 86.3 per 100,000 population. There are no known active case.
• Public Health Sudbury and Districts – 92 cases, rate of 45.2 per 100,000 population. There are 19 known active cases.
• Timiskaming Health Unit – 19 cases, rate of 58.1 per 100,000. There are no known active cases.
• Northwestern Health Unit – 44 cases, rate of 50.2 per 100,000. There is one known active case.
• Thunder Bay District Health Unit – 99 cases, rate of 66 per 100,000. There are two known active cases.