WINNIPEG – Public health officials in Manitoba advise the current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 1.45 percent.
Thirty-five new cases of the virus have been identified as of Sunday, August 9, 2020. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed positive and probable positive cases in Manitoba to 542.
The data shows there were:
- 20 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 10 new cases in the Southern Health – Santé Sud health region;
- four new cases in the Winnipeg health region; and
- one new case in the Interlake-Eastern health region.
While many of today’s cases appear to be linked to known clusters in southern and western Manitoba or are close contacts of a previously-announced case, preliminary information suggests that there may be a small number of cases of unknown acquisition in these areas.
Case investigations are ongoing to determine possible COVID-19 exposures. When the investigations are completed, additional information will be provided as needed to inform people of any public health risks.
The data also shows:
- six current hospitalizations, with three individuals in intensive care;
- 182 active cases and 352 individuals have recovered from COVID-19; and
- the number of deaths due to COVID-19 remains at eight.
Preliminary testing numbers show an additional 756 laboratory tests were completed on Saturday, bringing the total number of tests completed since early February to 100,830.