THUNDER BAY – On May 1st, 2020 as a result of continuous efforts of the OPP Community Street Crime Unit, members of the Thunder Bay OPP detachment and the Northwest Region Crime Unit, Jordan AGOSTINO of Thunder Bay was arrested and charged for the following offences contrary to the Criminal Code;
- Pointing a firearm contrary to s. 87 of the Criminal Code
- Robbery s. 344(1)(b) CC
- Careless use of a firearm s. 86(1) CC
- Unauthorized possession of a restricted/prohibited firearm s.91(1) CC
- Possession of a loaded firearm s.95(a) CC
- Disguise with Intent s.351(2) CC
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle knowing there was a Firearm. S.94 CC
- Utter Threats s.264.1(1)(a) CC
- Pointing a Firearm s.87 CC
The charges were in relation to a September 2018 incident in which a Shuniah resident was robbed at his residence. The accused was remanded into custody on May 2nd, 2020, and will remain in custody at the Thunder Bay District Jail.
None of the charges have been proven in court.