THUNDER BAY – The City of Thunder Bay has issued an update on City Services including cancellations of recreation and cultural programing.
The Recreation & Culture’s spring program sessions scheduled to start March 30 – April 30 are cancelled, and credits are being applied to all program registrants.
Staff will be available by phone on Wednesday, April 8 to process credit card refunds if preferred instead of a credit. Call 625-2227 or 684-3323 or email email@example.com. Do not leave credit card information over voicemail or email – staff will get back to you. Refunds may take up to three to four weeks to process.
All City, School and Daycare Centre Playgrounds are Closed
Residents are reminded that as per the Ontario Government’s Emergency Declaration to stop the spread of COVID-19, all outdoor recreational amenities are closed indefinitely including playgrounds. This also includes playgrounds on school and daycare grounds.
Meals on Wheels Still Operating
Meals will continue to be delivered using a contactless delivery method. Procedures will be adjusted as necessary to ensure the safety of volunteers and clients in the community. To contact the Meals on Wheels Office, call: 625-3667, or the Program Manager at: 684-3048. For more information, visit: www.thunderbay.ca/mealsonwheels
Jasper Place is currently following the same recommendations and precautions that Pioneer Ridge is following. Contact Jasper Place Office 684-2990, or the Program Manager at 684-3048.
Child Care Centres Remain Closed
Woodcrest and Ogden Child Care Centres will remain closed until Monday, May 4 as per the Premier’s announcement of continued school closures. Grace Remus, Algoma, and Private Home Child Care Centres will remain closed until April 13th or until further notice based on Ministerial orders.
Gate Closures for North and South City Yards
Starting today, access through the automated gates at the Mountdale and Front Street Yard will be for employees only. Members of the public will not be permitted to enter these yards until further notice. Deliveries and mechanic service contractors have instructions on who to call.
Do Not Place Loose Garbage in Cans
The City of Thunder Bay would like to remind residents to protect their waste collectors during this time by bagging all waste and not placing it loosely in garbage containers or cans. This will help to protect the health and safety of our waste collection crews and the general public.
UPDATED: Make an Appointment for Important Business with the City by Phone
City services information and appointment bookings:
- Animal Services: 684-2156
- City Hall Services (Office of the City Clerk, Commissioners of Oath, Marriage License, Lottery License): 625-2230
- Parking Authority: 625-2370
- Mountainview Cemetery: 625-3014
- Building Services: 625-2578 or 625-2725, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning Services: 625-2542 or 625-2531, or email email@example.com
- Licensing & Enforcement: 621-4082, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Realty Services: 625-2991, or email email@example.com
- Driveway Permits, Heavy/Oversized Load Applications, Sewer and Water Connections/Disconnections, Contract Books for Capital Projects, Golf Services, Marina Contracts, Garbage Bag Tags, and General Engineering Inquiries: 625-2266
Decisions on programs and services are being made on a daily basis. For the most up-to-date list of service changes, and additional city service information lines, visit: www.thunderbay.ca/coronavirus
For public health information, visit:
- www.ontario.ca/coronavirus – the Ontario Ministry of Health reports on the status of cases in Ontario each morning at 10:30 am.
- www.TBDHU.COM/coronavirus – the Health Unit’s website contains links to credible sources of information for both the public and local health care providers.