THUNDER BAY – Thunder Bay District Social Services has amended its COVID-19 pandemic policies.
In a media release, Bill Bradica, the CAO for TBDSSAB says, “We continue to prioritize the safety of the people we serve, our staff and our communities while maintaining essential services during this serious pandemic”.
Bradica adds, “We are asking our communities to help us limit exposure to COVID-19 for vulnerable people.”
The Agency says that “Be advised that due to the seriousness of the COVID-19 Pandemic identified by Premier Ford, The District of Thunder Bay Social Services Administration Board (TBDSSAB) is taking further measures to ensure the health and safety of both our staff and the people we serve.”
TBDSSAB will be limiting the hours our offices will be open to the public. As of Wednesday, March 25, 2020, TBDSSAB offices will be open to the public from 10 am to 3 pm.
TBDSSAB states, “To promote more effective social distancing, we will also be limiting the number of phones and computers available for public access in our Thunder Bay office’s front lobby will be reduced.”
The Social Services Schreiber office is closed due to building access. Completed forms for the Schreiber office can be dropped off at the Schreiber post office.
Essential core services will continue. These include:
- Issuing social assistance payments – recipients are encouraged to set up direct bank deposit if they haven’t already done
- New applications for all programs will be accepted but strongly encouraged to be over the phone.
- All inquiries and applications are requested to be made by
- Payments will be accepted, but, if possible, should be made electronically or by
- Community housing properties will continue to be maintained, and health and safety issues will be Community housing properties will continue to be maintained, and health and safety issues will be addressed
Anyone requiring TBDSSAB services is asked to call 807-766-2111 or toll-free at 1-877-281- 2958. In-person visits are discouraged except for emergency situations. As the situation evolves, further updates will be posted regularly on TBDSSAB’s website at www.tbdssab.ca and on our social media channels.