THUNDER BAY – A the City of Thunder Bay continues to respond to COVID-19, the Waterfront Transit Terminal building is now closed to the public, but riders are still able to make connections and transfer buses at the terminal platform.
Make an Appointment for Important Business with the City by Phone
All City customer service counters are now closed to the public, and available by appointment only.
- Animal Services: 684-2156
- City Hall services including Office of the City Clerk, Commissioners of Oath, Marriage license and Lottery License: 625-2230
- Engineering Inquiries: 625-2266
o Driveway Permits, Heavy/Oversized Load Applications, Sewer and Water Connections/Disconnections, Park Bookings, Contract Books for Capital Projects, Golf Services, Marina Contracts
- Parking Authority: 625-2370
- Planning, Building, Realty Services, Licensing Enforcement: 625-2216, 625-2574, or 625-2710
- Mountainview Cemetery: 625-3014
Parks Open, Buildings Closed
All parks buildings and recreational facilities and their programs are closed until further notice. City Parks are open, but residents are urged to heed Public Health advice and practice social and physical distancing if they are planning to visit a City Park.
Decisions on programs and services are being made on a daily basis. For the most up-to-date list of service changes, and additional city service information lines, visit: www.thunderbay.ca/coronavirus
For public health information, visit:
- www.ontario.ca/coronavirus – the Ontario Ministry of Health reports on the status of cases in Ontario each morning at 10:30 am.
- www.TBDHU.COM/coronavirus – the Health Unit’s website contains links to credible sources of information for both the public and local health care providers.