THUNDER BAY – WEATHER – Its another trip into the deep freeze for parts of Northern Ontario. Environment Canada has issued Extreme Cold Warnings for Geraldton, Manitowadge, Aroland, Armstrong and Gull Bay.
Extreme Cold Warning in effect for:
- Geraldton – Longlac – Caramat
- Manitouwadge – Hornepayne
- Nakina – Aroland – Pagwa
- Armstrong – Auden – Wabakimi Park
- Beardmore – Jellicoe – Macdiarmid
- Gull Bay – Black Sturgeon Lake
Wind chill values close to minus 40 expected tonight and Thursday morning.
Under clear skies and moderate winds, temperatures are forecast to reach near minus 30 degrees celsius tonight and Thursday morning with wind chill values close to minus 40.
Temperatures are expected to rise by midday Thursday bringing an end to the extreme cold.