THUNDER BAY – WEATHER – Update weather alert over – Day Three of what most people used to call ‘Northern Winter’ continues. Environment Canada has continued the Extreme Cold Warning for much of Northwestern Ontario.
The temperature in Thunder Bay this morning is -32c as of 7:30 am est. However, the forecast high of -9c means the alerts will be ending. The Extreme Cold Warnings have ended for the furthest western regions of northern Ontario.
5:13 AM EST Friday 14 February 2020
Extreme Cold Warning in effect for:
- City of Thunder Bay
- Cloud Bay – Dorion
- Kakabeka Falls – Whitefish Lake – Arrow Lake
- Nipigon – Armstrong – Longlac
- Geraldton – Longlac – Caramat
- Manitouwadge – Hornepayne
- Nakina – Aroland – Pagwa
- Atikokan – Shebandowan – Quetico Park
- Upsala – Raith
- Seine River Village – Mine Centre
- Dryden – Vermilion Bay
- Ignace – English River
- Savant Lake – Sturgeon Lake
- Sioux Lookout – Eastern Lac Seul
- Summer Beaver – Wunnummin Lake – Kingfisher Lake
Bitterly cold wind chills near minus 40 are expected early this morning.
The weather should improve for the Family Day long weekend.