LONGLAC – On February 5, 2020, at approximately 9:48 am, officers on patrol from the Greenstone Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) conducted a traffic stop on a motor vehicle in the Town of Longlac, Ontario.
An investigation by police resulted in the seizure of a quantity of methamphetamine and other drugs as well as the driver being arrested for impaired operation of a motor vehicle.
Police have charged 30-year-old Jenny JACOBS from Geraldton, Ontario with the following offences:
- Operation of a Conveyance While Impaired- Blood Drug Concentration contrary to Section 320.14(1)(c) of the Criminal Code.
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purposes of Trafficking contrary to Section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
- Possession of a Schedule II Substance contrary to Section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
- Possession of a Schedule III Substance contrary to Section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
- Two counts of Failure to Comply with Release Order contrary to Section 145(5)(a) of the Criminal Code.
The accused made a brief court appearance from the Greenstone Detachment by video on February 6, 2020, and was remanded into custody pending a bail hearing.
None of the charges have been proven in court. The OPP advise that motorists who drive impaired by alcohol or drugs are subject to drivers licence suspensions, fines, vehicle impoundments, criminal records and increased insurance costs.