THUNDER BAY – Weather – Grab the toque and mitts. Across Northern Ontario, the chill of winter is about to hit back.
Extreme Cold Warning in effect for:
- Ear Falls – Perrault Falls – Western Lac Seul
- Red Lake – Woodland Caribou Park
- Savant Lake – Sturgeon Lake
- Sioux Lookout – Eastern Lac Seul
- Armstrong – Auden – Wabakimi Park
- Pickle Lake – Cat Lake
- Summer Beaver – Wunnummin Lake – Kingfisher Lake
- Sandy Lake – Weagamow Lake – Deer Lake
- Big Trout Lake – Kasabonika
- Sachigo Lake – Bearskin Lake
- Washaho Cree Nation / Fort Severn
- Fort Hope – Lansdowne House – Ogoki
Environment Canada says to expect extreme cold wind chills near or below minus 40 tonight.
The weather service says, “extreme cold wind chills near or below minus 40 are forecast to develop tonight and then continue into Friday morning. After moderating Friday afternoon, extremely cold wind chills are expected to redevelop Friday night into Saturday morning over portions of Northeastern Ontario.