TORONTO — With the legislature returning today, the Ford Government is continuing to focus on jobs, economic growth and smart initiatives that will allow the government to operate more efficiently while delivering on its priorities and commitments to the people of Ontario.
“With the House resuming today, the people of Ontario expect to see their government and elected officials working hard to make sure families, job creators and communities have the opportunities and tools they need to succeed – and we will be doing just that,” said Government House Leader Paul Calandra.
Calandra pointed to key priority areas, including:
- Restoring trust and accountability in government by continuing to find efficiencies and respect taxpayers dollars.
- Leaving more money in people’s pockets.
- Reducing red tape and regulatory burdens and making Ontario open for business so our small, medium and large job creators can continue to invest in communities and people.
- Connecting people and places by investing in infrastructure, transit and broadband networks.
- Building safer communities, combatting violence and criminal activity related to drugs, guns and gang activity.
- Ending hallway health care, putting patients first and ensuring sustainable services for future generations.
- Adopting smart initiatives that will reduce costs, eliminate wasteful spending, and ensure government services are delivered thoughtfully and efficiently, while protecting what matters most.
“Our government looks forward to continuing to deliver on the priorities that matter most to the people of Ontario,” added Calandra. “We are ready and serious about delivering, and will always put the best interests of people first.”