- $400,000 to Veumount Farm in Slate River for additional dairy barn facilities and equipment
- $321,692 to Jaspers Dairy Farm in Slate River to build a new barn and expand crop production, including wheat, canola and barley
- $259,951 to The Barn in Kaministiquia to build a larger facility for livestock to rest while being transported to other locations
- $42,226 to ASM Innovations Inc. in Thunder Bay to acquire a shipping container that will be used for a workshop and provide storage to manufacture year-round greenhouses.
“The agricultural industry is a key economic driver and significant job creator in many communities across the north,” said Minister Rickford. “We are committed to investing in northern agriculture and farm businesses to further increase competitiveness and boost local economic growth, signalling to the world that Northern Ontario is open for business and open for jobs.”
- Since June 2018, the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation has invested more than $82 million in 539 projects, creating or retaining over 1,437 jobs.
- Learn how Ontario is growing its agri-food sector and supporting rural communities, which is helping to create a stronger economy for the province.