KENORA – The Ontario Provincial Police Organized Crime and Enforcement Bureau (OCEB) have charged two individuals with drug-related charges following an ongoing investigation into drug trafficking in the City of Kenora.
Upon further investigation, police located approximately 7 grams of Methamphetamine, Hydromorphone and other items associated with the drug trafficking trade. The street value of the drugs is estimated to be approximately $3,000.
As a result of this investigation, police arrested:
Doug NETZEL, age 59 under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act for the following offences:
- Trafficking Schedule 1 Substance- Opioid
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking- Opioid
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking- Methamphetamine
- Possession of Proceeds of property obtained by Crime under $5,000 Criminal Code of Canada
- Obstruct Peace Officer under the Criminal Code of Canada
Ethan COPENACE, age 29 has been charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance- Opioid under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Fail to Comply with an Undertaking, Criminal Code of Canada
- Obstruct Peace Officer, Criminal Code of Canada
The accused are to appear in Kenora Court on Thursday, June 13, 2019, to answer to the charges. None of the charges have been proven in court.