FORT FRANCES – The Rainy River District Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has received funding from the Ministry of Children and Youth Services to hire two students for the Youth in Policing Initiative (YIPI). The successful applicants will assist the Detachment with the delivery of public safety programs within the Town of Fort Frances. The students will also be seen as ambassadors for the OPP and the Town of Fort Frances. The position is based on a 40 hour week for a total of 8 weeks. Occasional weekend shifts may be required. Criteria on which the applicants will be chosen include:
- Be between the ages of 14 and 17 years of age.
- Must be returning to school in September
- Cannot apply if the applicant has participated in the program in the past
- Reflect the cultural diversity of the community
- Successfully complete the recruitment/background check process
Completed resumes will be received in person at the Fort Frances OPP Detachment at 320 Portage Ave. Fort Frances, no later than 4:00 pm on June 22nd, 2018. Interviews will take place during the week of June 24 – 28, 2018. There will be an expected start date of Monday, July 8th. Resumes with cover letters should be addressed to Sgt Matt LeBlanc.