GREENSTONE – There has been a successful wrap up to an incident in Greenstone that started on Friday. The Ontario Provincial Police report that on the 10 of May 2019 at 1:47 pm members of the Greenstone Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Detachment attended a residence on Osesky Drive in Geraldton, ON to follow up on an investigation.
Police were confronted by an individual who threatened police with an edged weapon and then fled into the bush on foot.
Police contained the area and conducted a search with the assistance of the North West Region Emergency Response Team (ERT) and the OPP Canine Unit. During this time local schools and hospital were put on a hold and secure lockdown as a safety precaution.
The suspect was subsequently located on the 11th May at 06:30 hrs at the Geraldton District Hospital and arrested without incident.
Christopher Brousseau, 27 years of Geraldton, ON was charged with the following offences:
- Break and Enter contrary to section 348 CC
- Theft of a motor vehicle x 2 counts contrary to section 322 CC.
- Mischief over $5000 contrary to section 430(3) CC.
- Mischief under $5000 contrary to section 430 CC
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose contrary to section 88 CC.
- Assault with a weapon contrary to section 267 CC.
BROUSSEAU is in custody and is scheduled to attend Geraldton Court of Justice on May 12th for a bail hearing.