THUNDER BAY – A speedy response from firefighters helped keep damage to a Tamarack Place home down to a minimum.
Thunder Bay Fire & Rescue responded at 11:40 to a Tamarack Place home this morning, Fire had started in garbage piled beside the home. Wall and siding were damaged.
The occupants were safely evacuated.
The quick response of the Thunder Bay Fire & Rescue service was able to keep the fire from penetrating the wall and therefore no damage to the interior of the home was sustained.
3 Pumper trucks were initially dispatched; another 2 Pumpers and 1 aerial Ladder were requested to respond by Trucks first responding to the scene due to a large amount of smoke.
Possible cause is presumed to be carless disposable of smoking material.
Smokers should be encouraged to smoke outside and discarded smoking materials should be kept in a noncombustible container outside the residence.
Home fire escape plans need to be practiced so everyone in your home knows what to do in the event of an emergency.