THUNDER BAY – Today, Greg Rickford, Minister of Energy, Northern Development and Mines, announced investments of more than $1 million for Thunder Bay and region.
The projects include:
- $456,000 for SailSuperior.com Yacht Charter Adventures, a harbour tour operator in Thunder Bay, to purchase a catamaran to accommodate large groups.
- $200,000 for North West Helicopters Inc. in Thunder Bay to establish an aerial tour and charter operation for visitors to the area.
- $140,045 for the Town of Marathon to make waterfront upgrades, including the construction of three new docks and park improvements.
- $114,126 for Seek Adventure & Tours Inc. to establish a business that provides walking tours in the Thunder Bay area.
- $101,379 for the Coalition for Waverley Park in Thunder Bay to build a multi-use stage for outdoor events in the entertainment district.
- $25,200 for the Township of Red Rock to study the feasibility of creating a new recreational vehicle camping park on the lakefront.
“Tourism is important to many communities across the north,” says Minister Rickford. “With this investment, our government is strengthening the Thunder Bay region’s economy, supporting the tourism sector, creating jobs and sending a strong signal that Northwestern Ontario is open for business.”