ATIKOKAN – NEWS – On March 28, 2019 members of the Rainy River District Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), and the Rainy River District crime unit executed a search warrant at a residence in Atikokan. The warrant followed an extensive investigation.
Peter BURBECK of Atikokan has been arrested following the investigation. The charges came after a complaint to the OPP from the Town of Atikokan. Peter BURBECK is the director of public works the town.
As a result of the investigation, Peter BURBECK (44) of Atikokan has been charged criminally with the following offences:
- 1 count of theft over five thousand dollars;
- 1 count of trafficking in property obtained by crime;
- 1 count of possess proceeds of crime over five thousand dollars;
- 3 counts of unauthorized possession of a firearm; and
- 4 counts of careless storage of firearms and ammunition.
BURBECK will appear in Atikokan Provincial Court on May 29, 2019 at 10:00 am to answer to these charges.
If you have any information regarding this occurrence, please contact the Atikokan OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or crime stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)