THUNDER BAY – Thunder Bay Fire & Rescue responded at 06:15 am this morning, to house reported to have a fire in the wall of home, located on Glenwood Crescent.
In a media statement from TBFR, reportedly one occupant of the home had struggled to contain the fire and suffered some smoke inhalation before being evacuated from the home by initial responding fire crews.
Two Occupants were present and evacuated by TBFR at the time.
Thunder Bay Fire & Rescue responded with 5 Pumpers and an Aerial Ladder. TBFR crews were able to quickly contain the fire in the room of origin. The cause of the fire was determined to be due to fire extension from a wood burning appliance in the home.
In addition to having working smoke detectors, homeowners are reminded to properly install wood burning appliances and clean and inspect them annually.