Recall – Eat Smart brand Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Bag Kits

Food Recall - Feb 17, 2019

Eat Smart brand Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Bag Kits
Food Recall - Eat Smart brand Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Bag Kits

OTTAWA – Food Recall Warning (Listeria monocytogenes) – Eat Smart brand Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Bag Kits

Distribution – New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Ontario, Possibly National. Recalling firm – Industry.

The industry is recalling certain 340 G (12 OZ) Eat Smart brand Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Bag Kits from the marketplace due to possible listeria monocytogenes contamination. Consumers should not consume the recalled product described below.

Recalled products

Brand Name Common Name Size Code(s) on Product UPC
Eat Smart Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Bag Kit 340 G (12 OZ) FEB 16 2019
2019 FE 16
2 01B 032,
2 01A 032, and
2 000 32
7 09351 89145 8

What you should do

If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor.

Check to see if you have recalled product in your home. Recalled product should be thrown out or returned to the store where it was purchased.

Food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Symptoms can include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache and neck stiffness. Pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are, particularly at risk. Although infected pregnant women may experience only mild, flu-like symptoms, the infection can lead to premature delivery, infection of the newborn or even stillbirth. In severe cases of illness, people may die.

Background

This recall was triggered by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) test results. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.

The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.

Illnesses

There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.