SIOUX LOOKOUT – NEWS – Sioux Lookout Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were dispatched to a business on First Avenue South on November 27, 2018.
While at the business, the officers arrested Richard SUMNER (34) of Winnipeg Manitoba for the offences of:
- Possession of a substance for the purposes of trafficking 5(2) CDSA
- Possess a weapon for a dangerous purpose 88 CC x 3
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon 91(2) CC x 3
- Possession of property obtained by crime 354(1)(a) CC
- Possession of a weapon contrary to a prohibition order 117.01(1) CC x 3
The accused was remanded into custody and is scheduled to appear in court in Dryden on November 28, 2018, to answer to his charges. None of the charges have been proven in court.
Police are urging people to contact police if they have any information surrounding this incident. They can phone the Sioux Lookout OPP Detachment at 1-807-737-2020 or toll-free by calling 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or submit a tip online at www.tipshelp.com where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2000.