LONDON – LIVING – Getting ready for school after the break is complicated, not for kids only but for their parents as well. It can be really hard in terms of organization, preparation, and inspiration. That’s why parents shouldn’t neglect the support they can provide their children with before the first day at school.
Don’t wait until the last day of vacation to help. Start early. Usually, students get a lot of homework assignments for summer. It is either writing an essay or doing some kind of calculations or reading something from the list, they receive from the teachers. If your kid can’t handle those summer assignments and you feel like you can’t really help with math or physics, apply to Assignment Expert for a professional academic assistance. Thus, you will be sure that your kid won’t be stressed out because of the assignments he/she can’t finish and he/she will get a detailed explanation of how that work has to be done correctly.
Slowly start preparing your kid for the school days. What does it mean? Let’s have a look.
Preparing Your Child for School
Summer days differ from those we have in fall, winter, and spring. And the point of it is not a vacation season only. In summer, all of us feel more relaxed because of the warmer weather, longer days, and a slower pace in general. Most students have love-hate relationships with the back-to-school season because of the rhythm of life, which have to be changed after summer.
So, here’s what you have to do in order to help your kids to be less anxious and stressed out on the first day of school. Don’t let them be upset that summer is over.
- Waking up. You have to make waking up easier in the morning. In summer, children have a break not only from school but early wake ups as well. So, start changing your kid’s sleeping regime in advance (1-2 weeks before school). Don’t rush. Do it step-by-step, making it earlier and earlier from day to day.
- Clothes.Offer your child prepare his/her school wardrobe in advance. Maybe he/she wants to buy something else. Make sure every piece of clothes is ironed, so you won’t have to iron them last minute before school. Minimize stress.
- Food plan. Having a clear food plan can save a lot of time for both of you. Discuss with your kid what he/she would like to have for breakfast at home and for lunch at school. The same way think about dinner time for each day of the week.
- School bag and supplies. Buy everything needed for education in advance. A school backpack should be packed the night before school.
- Don’t put too much pressure. Sometimes parents want their children to become serious about education from the very first day of school. But this is too hard for kids, especially after summer vacation. So, be patient.
Use these recommendations to make the first day of school less anxious and nervous for your kid too