KENORA – Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB), the Kenora OPP Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), OPP Provincial Operations Intelligence Bureau, OPP K9 Unit and the Treaty Three Police Service has charged three individuals with numerous drug and Criminal Code related offences following arrests in Kenora on Monday May 7, 2018.
The investigation was conducted by the OPP and the Treaty Three Police Service and focused on methamphetamine trafficking in and around the Kenora area. The investigation concluded with the arrest of three individuals.
Seized during the investigation was what is suspected to be: crystal methamphetamine, hydromorphone, cannabis marihuana, and fentanyl. Also Canadian currency, other drug paraphernalia, and recovered stolen property. The street value of the drugs seized is approximately $11,950.
As a result of the investigation, three males from Kenora were arrested and charged.
- 33-year-old Patrick JACK
- 29-year-old Zachary VALIQUETTE
- 46-year-old Bradley LACOMBE
The three males were charged with the following offences under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
- Possession of Crystal Methamphetamine, Cannabis Marihuana and Hydromorphone for the Purpose of Trafficking contrary to section 5(2) (three Counts)
- Possession of Cannabis Resin contrary to section 4(1)
- Possession of Fentanyl contrary to section 4(1)
The three males were also charged with the following offences under the Criminal Code.
- Possession of a Firearm knowing the serial number has been tampered with contrary to section 108(1)(b)
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime contrary to section 354(1)(a) (two counts)
- Making Forged Document contrary to section 367 (two counts)
All three accused were held for a Bail Hearing at the Kenora Courthouse.