TORONTO – LIVING – Sometimes, you feel like spinning a few reels on slot machines or but you can’t get yourself to put on some decent clothes and go out to the OLG Casino. It this is the case, you can simply visit PlayOLG.ca and play your favorite games without leaving home. But sometimes sitting in front of a computer to play is also not an option. For quite some time, offshore minimum deposit casinos had the major advantage of serving you in such cases, offering a complete gaming experience on mobile phones. Starting this year, PlayOLG has caught up with its offshore counterparts, launching its own native casino apps on Android and iOS. iPhone owners have it easy: they can simply head over to the App Store, download and install the app, and start playing. For Android users, though, things are a bit more complicated – our short guide may be of service for them.
Downloading the app
This might seem simple: head over to the PlayOLG website on your Android smartphone. The website will load the Android-specific landing page telling you that the website itself doesn’t work on mobile devices (like most of its competitors do, by the way) but it can be accessed via a native app that can be downloaded and installed on your device.
Since Google has a pretty restrictive policy on real-money gambling apps, you won’t find the PlayOLG app in the Play Store. You’ll have to download it from the PlayOLG website and install it on your device – and you’ll have to change a handful of settings to be able to do so.
Installing the app
This works on most Android-powered devices:
- Navigate to “Settings > Security” on your Android smartphone or tablet and find “Unknown Sources” – check it.
- On most devices, you will receive a security notification telling you about the risks of enabling unknown sources. Select OK.
- Download the app from the PlayOLG website if you haven’t done so already
- Once the download is complete, open the file or navigate to Downloads and run the downloaded file. It will install the PlayOLG casino app on your device
- Once the installation is done, repeat step 1 – uncheck “Unknown Sources” to avoid future security risks
- Run the PlayOLG casino app, log on with your username and password, and start playing.
The app (and its iPhone counterpart) will work right away over a WiFi connection. To use it over a cellular connection, there are a few more steps to complete:
- Inside the app, go to “My Account > My Mobile”
- Opt-in for “Mobile location services”, and enter your mobile number when prompted
- You will receive a text message to your registered mobile number. Reply to it with the word “ALLOW”
Once all these steps are completed, you’ll be able to run the PlayOLG mobile app and play from wherever you are, whenever you want.