IGNACE, ON) – On April 15, 2017 the Ignace Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a sexual assault complaint. Ignace OPP officers along with the Northwest Region Crime Unit investigated the complaint.
On April 17, 2017, Drew DEBRIE a twenty-seven-year-old male from Ignace was arrested and charged with the following offences under the Criminal Code:
- Sexual Interference with a person under 16 years of age, Section 151
- Invitation to Sexual Touching under 16 years of age, Section 152
- Luring a Person under 16 years of age by means of Telecommunication, Section 172.1(1) (b)
- Sexual Assault on a person under 16 years of age, Section 271
- Communicate with anyone under 18 years for the purpose of obtaining sexual services, Section 286.1(2)
- Procuring under 18 years, Section 286.3(2)
The accused appeared in Dryden Court on April 19th 2017 to answer to the charges and has been held in custody.
The OPP investigation is continuing.