THUNDER BAY – One more day of heat – That is the promise from Environment Canada as the heat warning for Thunder Bay continues.
There was rain overnight, but cloudy and humid conditions are out in force sofar this morning.
Heat Warning in effect for:
- City of Thunder Bay
Hot and humid conditions are expected for one more day. High temperatures are expected to soar once again into the low thirties, with humidex values in the mid to high thirties. Overnight low temperatures tonight will likely fall into the mid teens as somewhat cooler air arrives.
While extreme heat can put everyone at risk from heat illnesses, health risks are greatest for
– older adults
– infants and young children
– people with chronic illnesses such as breathing difficulties, heart conditions or psychiatric illnesses
– people who work in the heat
– people who exercise in the heat
– people without access to air conditioning and
– homeless people.
Drink plenty of liquids especially water before you feel thirsty to decrease your risk of dehydration. Thirst is not a good indicator of dehydration.
There is lots to do but keep hydrated.