THUNDER BAY – WEATHER – Weather alerts are in effect for the western region of Northwestern Ontario.
Special weather statement in effect for:
- Dryden – Vermilion Bay
- Kenora – Grassy Narrows – Whitedog
- Sioux Narrows – Nestor Falls – Morson
Significant rainfall possible this afternoon and tonight.
A low pressure system across the northern plain states is expected to bring rain to Northwestern Ontario beginning this afternoon. Latest indications suggest that most areas are likely to receive a total of 20 to 30 mm of rain. Locally higher amounts of 40 mm or more are possible with isolated thunderstorms.
Across Western Alberta, in the region where a year ago, heavy flooding impacted many communities there are also heavy rains in the forecast.
Rainfall warning in effect for:
- M.D. of Foothills near Cayley
- M.D. of Foothills near High River and Aldersyde
- M.D. of Foothills near Longview and Eden Valley Res.
- M.D. of Foothills near Okotoks and De Winton
- M.D. of Foothills near Priddis and Brown-Lowery Prov. Park
- M.D. of Foothills near Turner Valley and Black Diamond
- M.D. of Willow Creek near Claresholm and Stavely
- M.D. of Willow Creek near Nanton and Parkland
- Rocky View Co. near Bragg Creek and Tsuu T’ina Res.