TERRACE BAY – BUSINESS – The 1st Annual Business Awards Gala was held Wednesday night recognizing business excellence in the Terrace Bay, Schreiber, Rossport and Jackfish region. The Aguasabon Chamber of Commerce hosted the event on behalf of the region with approximately 160 people in attendance. The event involved an update on the progress of AV Terrace Bay Inc., the annual General Meeting for the Chamber, a presentation by networking expert Curt Skene, and the awards ceremony. Award winners included:
– Business Improvement Award – Coconut Island Hair & Spa,
– Spirit of the Aguasabon – Community Impact Award – Beno Insurance,
– Customer Service Excellence Award – Cebrario’s Hardware,
– Marketing Excellence Award – Hollywood Filane Sportswear & Embroidery,
– Tourism Impact Award – Discovery Charters,
– Woman in Business Award – Billie Jo Keating, B&B on the Beach,
– Owner/Manager of the Year – Tony Commisso, Costa’s Food Market,
– Business of the Year Award – Drifters Restaurant & Motel.
Outgoing Chamber President Jason Nesbitt said “It was an incredible, energetic night that was really embraced by our business community. Our chamber has been reborn and this event should get even bigger next year. Many thanks to our funding partner Superior North CFDC, as funded by FedNor, for assisting with the costs of the event.” For more information, visit www.facebook.com/aguasabonchamber.