THUNDER BAY – Sports – The Ontario Strongman Competition is set to go in Thunder Bay June 22nd and 23rd 2013. Dallas Hogan sat down with NetNewsLedger to talk about what people can expect this weekend.
Ontario Strongman Competition
The competition is being held in what can honestly be called Canada’s Strongest City. The event will be held at the CLE Colliseum at 425 Northern Ave.
Dallas ‘The Punisher’ Hogan
Dallas Hogan has qualified for the World Championships, later this summer in Europe.
Athlete’s Itinerary for this weekend
Saturday June 22nd in CLE Coliseum- 425 Northern Ave, Thunder Bay
• 10:00 am- Pick up athletes at Victoria Inn (555 Arthur St W, Thunder Bay)
• 10:30am- Athletes arrive at the CLE Coliseum to register.
• 11:00am- athletes discuss bio with MC.
• 11:15am- Determine order of first event and rules meeting
• 11:30am- Doors open to public
• 12:00pm- Introduction of Strongmen
• 12:15pm- Strongman Event 1- Tire Flip
• 1:00pm- Strongman Event 2- Farmer’s Walk
• 1:25pm- MMA Demo by Leading Edge
• 1:45pm- Strongman Event # 3- Circus Dumbbell Press
• 2:10pm- MMA Demo by Leading Edge
• 2:35pm- Strongman Event # 4- Truck Deadlift
• 3:10pm- Strongman Event # 5- Atlas Stone over Bar
• 4:30pm- Athletes get dropped off at Victoria Inn to shower & change
• 6:00pm- Athletes get picked up at Victoria in and head for dinner
• 6:30pm- Dinner with all Athletes @ Tony & Adam’s Restaurant- 45 Court St S, Thunder Bay
• 9:30pm- Party and autograph signing with all Athletes @ Aden- 1408 Brown St, Thunder Bay
• 11:30pm- athletes dropped off at Victoria Inn
Sunday June 23rd in CLE Coliseum- 425 Northern Ave, Thunder Bay
• 8:00am- athlete breakfast at Victoria Inn. Breakfasts for top 12.
• 10:00am- Pick up athletes at Victoria Inn (555 Arthur St W, Thunder Bay)
• 11:15am- Clarification of rules meeting
• 12:00pm- Introduction of Finalists
• 12:15pm- Strongman Event #5- Dump Truck Pull (outside of Coliseum)
• 1:20pm- Strongman Event #7- Log Press
• 2:05pm- Bodybuilding/Fitness/Figure or MMA Demo by Leading Edge
• 2:25pm- Strongman Event # 8- Medley
• 3:05pm- Strongman Event # 9- Loading Event
• 4:05pm- Final Results and Crowning of 2013 Ontario’s Strongest Man
• 4:45pm- Athletes get dropped off at Victoria Inn