MARATHON – Politics – The Town of Marathon is getting ready to choose a new town councillor. The move comes as a result of the resignation of Roger Souckey from Marathon’s Town Council in January. Town Council opted to appoint a replacement, and advertised for applicants.
Marathon Council selecting new member
Two applicants filed the appropriate forms and have been deemed eligible to be considered to fill the vacant office.
Council will be conducting interviews of the applicants with the following process:
- Each of the nominees shall be afforded the opportunity to address Council for a period of not more than ten minutes.
- Each candidate will be asked five (5) questions which will be pre-determined based on input by Council. Questions will not be shared with candidates prior to the meeting.
- Upon hearing all the submissions of the candidates, Council will deliberate and choose a replacement for the vacant office
The interviews will take place at Marathon Town Hall at 7:00PM, and will be open to the public according to the following schedule:
- Thursday, February 21 Mr. Kim Ransom
- Monday, March 4 Mr. Dustin Pascoe
Council will announce their selection at the March 11, 2013 Council meeting.