Full or partial washouts have been reported at the following locations:
• Highway 11/17 near Hume Road – contractor TWD Roads Management is on site. Deep fill and backfilling is underway
• Highway 11/17 west of Vibert Road – water is rushing on the road at the SuperCor culvert and crews are waiting until water level recedes to begin repairs. This may not be reinstated until late tomorrow
• Highway 11/17 east of Twin City Crossroad – water level is over the road, but is receding. 150 metres of the shoulder is washed away. Backfilling is underway and the shoulder should be restored by the end of today
• Highway 11/17/61/Harbour Expressway intersection – two culvert end sections were uplifted. The water level is receding and culvert extensions and shoulder will be reinstated today.
For east west traffic, Highway 102 is operating normally at this point.
A number of roads within Local Roads Board (LRB) areas have been affected as well.
• Portage Creek Road, at the first bridge, remains closed
• Laukka Lane at Auto Road – repairs will be underway once water levels recede
• We are monitoring Silver Springs Road due to rising water levels.
Safety is our top priority and repairs are underway. MTO staff and contractors are currently assessing the damage at each location. Repairs are underway. We will continue to monitor water levels throughout the area and make necessary repairs.
For the latest info, the public can call 511, MTO’s Road Information Line to find out about current highway closures.